UCSS now maintains five active churches and collaborates with 15 other churches. The ministry includes activities such as Bible Study Groups, Seminars, Bible Distribution, Door-to-Door Evangelism, Crusades, Leadership training, Christian Film shows, Youth Ministry and Pastors Fellowships among others are conducted. All the pastoral activities above have been working in line with the UCSS objective of encouraging the development of the spiritual well being of the people through spreading God’s love in the rural communities of Uganda.
Please read more below about our achievements, challenges, and future plans in this ministry.
Achievements (Oct 2015-Mar 2016)
- Evangelism programs like Sunday services, prayer meetings and intercession, door-to-door evangelism, outreaches, bible college training, film shows, pastoral fellowship among others were regularly conducted.
- Ten leadership classes were held with an average attendance of 18 individuals who have been equipped with leadership skills and fundamental knowledge in theology.
- One pastor graduated from Bible college bringing the overall total of graduates from Bible college to three.
- Three youth groups were motivated, encouraged and empowered by UCSS to enhance the work of evangelism through music and drama. Youth seminars have continued to be carried out every Saturday with an average attendance of 40 youth.
- Three outreaches (Christmas, Easter and Youth outreaches) were conducted by UCSS team in collaboration with born again students from different universities. These outreaches saw many accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and others renew their faith. A planning session was also held to explore new grounds for three new church plants and five bible studies.
- Five other local crusades were conducted where youth missioners were involved in spreading the good news of Jesus, our Lord.
- A crusade and seminar were held from December 27th – 31st 2015 by Pastor Boils from the USA. Community members received free meals during the crusade time. About 1,000 people accepted salvation and committed their lives to Jesus. Baptism by immersion for the new converts was also carried out.Pastor Seth and Wendy Denny from the USA visited Bulike community, and participated in evangelism programs, end-of-year overnight prayers, baptism youth group meetings and counseling activities.
- Two marriage seminars were conducted in Bulike in collaboration with another local church. Those who attended the seminar testified that the teachings helped to revive their love and commitment to their marriage.
- Seven couples including pastors and leaders were legally married.
- Propaganda by non-believers such as witch-doctors influencing community mindsets negatively.
- Lack of permanent church structures coupled with the rainy weather conditions disrupt attendance.
- Most bible studies haven’t acquired permanent meeting places .
- Lack of enough bibles among the community, especially for the new converts from evangelism activities.
- Establish four new churches and five new bible studies in Bulike and Buluya
- Conduct two revival meetings and crusades.
- Continue to conduct leadership classes, bible study classes and worship services
- Continue with seminars, overnight prayers and training of pastors
If God is moving you to support this ministry, there are three things you can do now:
Thank you for all of your prayers and support!