Five years ago, John Mbatya and his age mates used to walk 5-15 miles to the nearest school because there was none in Bulike. John and his classmates only consisted of 15% of the total number of children of school-going age in his community and the other 85% were not bothered with education. John and his classmates made this journey in fear of witch doctors that usually kidnapped them for sacrifice. When UCSS came to Bulike, we were requested by parents to open up a school. John and his classmates started having their classes under trees.

However, John and his classmates sat their Primary Leaving Examinations last year in a permanent well-painted classroom block. He emerged the best in the school with division one 25 of his classmates passed in Division II. It was because of this performance that Bulike Community Primary School had a turn-up of 200 new pupils, knocking at its doors this year. John aspires to be a medical doctor and this has given hope to other children in the community to aspire to be the best versions of themselves. However, John and his classmates would not dare to dream if it was not for the sacrifices made by their teachers and you, our dear stakeholders.
 
When UCSS had just begun teachers taught selflessly for three months under trees in the rainy season without salary. The Government of Uganda was supposed to take over management of the school, which it has not yet done. This has greatly stretched the budget of the organization and teachers’ salaries are not paid in time.
 
When you help sponsor a child like John, it is a holistic package where he and other children in his community go to school receive a quality education, his teacher is paid on time, he and his community have access to clean water and health care.
 
Fortunately for John, he has a sponsor but there are many children who would like to be like John but are not as lucky because they do not have sponsors. Help another child start the journey to their dreams like John. Sponsor a Student in Uganda (like John)
 
Please consider giving $25 per month by donating online.We believe that one of John’s motivations is that there is someone who committed to sponsor him at school so that he can achieve his dream of becoming a doctor.If God is speaking to you to GIVE, then please do so through the link below.
 

If God is moving you to support this ministry, there are three things you can do now:

Thank you for all of your prayers and support!

Dr. Ronald Kaluya

Floating Social Media Icons by Acurax Wordpress Designers
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On YoutubeVisit Us On TwitterVisit Us On Instagram